Direction : In this part of the test has incomplete sentences. Four words or phrases, marked (A), (B), (C) and (D) are given beneath each sentence. You are to choose the one that best completes the sentence. Then, on your answer sheet, find the number of the question and mark on your answer sheet.
101. For several years now, we have seen a marked in attendance and exhibitions at the PCB design conferences.
(A) increase (B) increased (C) increasing (D) TO increase
102. Make sure that transportation to and from the river is arranged to your .
(A) satisfactory (B) satisfaction (C) satisfy (D) to satisfy
103. The imposing that will soon be Rand Corporation‘s R&D center was renovated by the highly admired designer Haewook Lee. (A) structural (B) structure (C) structurally (D) in structural
104. Employees may receive 50% tuition reimbursement for job-related courses taken with a supervisor‘s .
(A) approves (B) approval (C) approve (D) to approve
105. Mr. Hui, a freelance writer here at ESS Newspapers, has impeccable for the position of senior editor.
(A) qualified (B) qualifications (C) qualify (D) be qualified
106. Because of an illness is much cheaper than treatment, the local health clinic will be offering free flu vaccinations this weekend.
(A) prevention (B) prevent (C) to prevent B) prevented
107. Legal experts have presented that the DNA samples and fingerprints match.
(A) evident (B) evidence (C) evidently (D) to evident
108. Mach Corp. has a system that allows clients to manage to employees‘ files.
(A) access (B) accessible (C) to accessible (D) accessibly
109. The average listener will not be able to notice any between audio CD and MP3 files.
(A) differences (B) different (C) differently (D) of different
110. Without your , we cannot guarantee your room after 6 p.m.
A) confirm B) confirming C) confirmation D) confirmative
111. of countries belonging to GATT approved the agreement yesterday in Geneva.
A) Represents B) Representations C) Representatives D) Representing
112. Officials of the Sydney head of office will hold a conference to talk about goals for the next ten years.
A) them B) their C) theirs D) they
113. As a customer service representative, Mrs. Lee tried to solve complaints from customers before asking for ______ supervisor‘s advice.
(A) she B) her C) hers D) herself
114 Mr. Alfred and I extend thanks to those that have helped this project in the past.
(A) us (B) ours (C) our (D) ourselves
115. Pioneer Corp. is considering--------- the release of the new equipment scheduled for later this month.
(A)postponing (B) postpone (C) to postpone (D) postponement
116. The company‘s business plan includes ---------- revenue from magazine and event promotions designed to help recruiters find qualified applicants.
(A) draw (B) drawing (C) to draw (D) drawer
117. This guideline is intended to -------- information about our databases and to provide a clear definition of how these database get updated and who has responsibilities
(A) clarification (B) classified (C) cleared (D) clarify
118. As of July 7, basic monthly telephone service will increase by ＄1.50 due to the new federal telecommunication tax, -------- state-to-state long-distance rates will decrease an average of 10 percent.
(A) otherwise (B) therefore (C) however (D) in addition to
119. He makes ＄20 an hour, has more work than he can handle.
(A) and (B) than (C) so (D) but
120. Their products are known not only for their low price, __________ for their high quality.
(A) but (B) but also (C) and also (D) as well as
121. Our order of high-speed computers is scheduled to arrive __________ today or tomorrow.
(A) or (B) on (C) both (D) either
122. _________ Jane and Mary like different things, they are great friends.
(A) Since (B) Despite (C) For (D) Although
123. This rural town has __________ small population that the mail carrier knows where everyone lives.
(A) too (B) a so (C) very (D) such a
124._______ the president is going to say in his speech tonight will affect all of us.
(A) What (B) That (C) So (D) While
125. It matters little who finds the truth ------ the truth is found.
(A) because (B) so that (C) so long as (D) as
126. The order must be delivered by Tuesday; ----- we will have to look for another supplier.
(A) unless(B) excepting (C) maybe (D) otherwise
127. Unemployment is -------- low that companies may soon be unable to find workers without increasing wages.
(A) such (B) very (C) so (D) despite
128. The design EXPO had ----- high attendance last year that it will be moved to a larger location this year.
(A) so (B) such (C) much (D) too
129. ------- the rain is expected, everything is ready for the grand opening of the gallery
(A) Except that (B) According to (C) Since (D) Aside from
130. The store will be set for business by the end of the month-------- the contractors are able to complete the remodeling by this weekend.
(A) these (B) if (C) them (D) so
131. Neither the sales------ the profit is expected to increase in the next quarter.
(A) any (B) or (C) nor (D) but
132. The _______ carefully you write, the fewer mistakes you will make.
(A) much (B) most (C) more (D) many
133. There are far more game shows on TV __________ there used to be.
(A) than (B) as (C) that (D) or
134. You will need _______ more money to buy such a gorgeous dress.
(A) much (B) a lot of (C) very (D) a great many
135 The clay must be packed into the mold as ------- as possible to prevent air pockets from forming.
(A) tighter (B) tighten (C) tightly (D) tightness
136 In the survey of 2.000 youths aged twelve to seventeenth, twice as many said they could talk more easily to their mothers than to their fathers.
(A) easiest (B) more easily (C) easily (D)most easily
137. $200.00 will be presented to the graduate who has attained the------grade point average in the entire department
(A) high (B) higher (C) highest (D) highly
138. Mr. Stone has the------ attendance record at the retraining programs held at the headquarters
(A) poor (B) poorer (C) poorest (D) poorly
139. The director think that the qualification of the new designer are as------ as the others on the team.
(A) credibility (B) credible (C) credibly (D) more crediable
140. Ben‘s Delivery is the _____ messenger service in town
(A)faster (B)fastest (C) most fastest (D)more fast
141. The position used to be obtained _____ in the past than it is now
(A)harder (B)hard (C)the harder (D)the hardest
142. That was one of the _____ business conferences the representative had ever attended.
(A)bad (B)worst (C)worse (D)more bad
143. The new employee will be likely to be _____ his predecessor.
(A)popular (B)as popular as (C)as popular (D)popular than
144. When my visitor --------, will you please call me?
(A) will arrive (B) arrives (C) arrived (D) is arriving
145. Denny-------- his first job with us five years ago.
(A) will arrive (B) arrives (C) arrived (D) is arriving
146. I ------ all members by tomorrow night.
(A) contacted (B) contacts (C) has contacted (D) will have contacted
147. Investors --------- fascinated by the stock market for a long time.
(A) is being (B) has been (C) are being (D) have been
148. Mr. Franklin ------- as the most likely successor to the position of CEO since he was elected vice president last October.
(A) saw (B) was seen (C) has been seen (D) has seen
149. The union leader were informed that the workers on the strike------.
(A) fired (B) is fired (C) had fired (D) had been fired
150. If you get your bank to generate a money order, it usually ______ conversion fees.
(A) charge (B) charges (C) charging (D) is charging
151. Since this morning, city workers traffic signs in the roads using special paint to avoid repainting every year.
(A) were painting (B) had painted (C) have been painted (D) have painted
152. International stock markets, including those in Britain, Germany, Hong Kong and Japan
yesterday in response to the partial recovery of US markets.
(A) rise (B) rises (C) rose (D) risen
153. He us since Henry went to America.
(A) visits (B) visited (C) will visit (D) has visited
154. Last quarter the rate of inflation ___________ by 10 percent.
(A) rose (B) raised (C) has risen (D) was risen
155. We ________ to establish a friendly relationship with that country for two years.
(A) try (B) are trying (C) have tried (D) will tried
156. Inspection will be _____ Saturday at 7 A.M.
(A) at(B) to(C) for(D) on
157. We regret that the savings will be consumed ________ noon tomorrow.
(A) with(B) by(C) in)(D) from
158. _______ terms of quality and service, our company surpasses the competition.
(A) In(B) From(C) By(D) With
159. The sales meeting will be held _______ Busan in May.
(A) to(B) at(C) in(D) on
160. The supplies cannot be ordered ________ next Monday.
(A) within(B) until(C) at(D) to Part VI
Direction : I this part of the test
161. The officials responsible for (A)running this office (B)represented the United States in (C)the Supreme Court and provided legal (D)advices to the President.
162. Ben survived the (A)first round of (B)layoffs (C)despite having been employed for (D)lesser than a year.
163. (A)From the (B)past three years, Bob Smith (C)has been the (D)head of the international department.
164. (A)Each of the managers (B)receive a(C)copy of the (D)company‘s policies and procedures.
165. If you (A)would have studied the problem more (B)carefully, you would (C)have found the solution (D)more quickly.
166. (A)Although a new computer, Model CX-2, (B)seemed like a good investment (C)for their company, they decided not to buy (D)them.
167. To protect herself (A)against robbery, Ellen had (B)a company (C)installed a new burglary (D)alarm.
168. I wonder (A)how she manage (B)to get along(C)on(D)so cheap a salary.
169. (A)With the advent of satellite transmission of photographs of the (B)earth‘s atmosphere, forecasting the weather has become a (C)relative exact (D)science.
170. There (A)were intense competition (B)between the (C)rival companies (D)to get the contract.
171. There is (A)some disagreement between (B)my parents and I about which job I should (C)take.
172. The index of (A)leading economic indicators, which (B)are intended to forecast economic activity about six months (C)into the future, dropped (D)5 percent last month.
173. In his role as (A)facilitator of all operations, he invariably (B)coordinating the running (C)of the building‘s (D)various systems.
174. (A)In spite of the fact that he was late for the meeting, the boss (B)having (C)nothing but praise (D)for his last few months‘ performance.
175. He studied economics when (A)their study was not common, and he (B)later (C)went on to distinguish himself (D)in the field.
176. Neither Sam Atkins (A)nor Henry Miller, sales representatives for the company, presented (B)their summaries of sales (C)before the deadline (D)for doing so.
177. Neither of the two candidates (A)who had (B)applied for admission (C)to the Industrial Engineering Department (D)were eligible for scholarships.
178. One (A)out of (B)every eight balloons (C)in the world (D)are launched in Albuquerque, New Mexico
179. (A)There are a range of (B)effects pushing and pulling the climate (C)in opposite (D)directions; no one fully understands these interactions.
180. (A)Whether or not Sam’s understanding of social conflicts (B)are in any way scientific (C)remains(D)a vexing question.
181. (A)In October, the vice president (B)will have (C)been at this company (D)since ten years.
182. We (A)need purchase a new set of (B)equipment (C)to speed up the (D)developing and printing process.
183. (A)The local bank, (B)along with other (C)financial institutions, (D)are lowering processing fees imposed in cashing a check.
184. The amusement park (A)is expected to be very (B)successful (C)because of many special facilities (D)such restaurants and movie theaters.
185. If you (A)fill in an (B)applying for a mortgage loan and mail (C)it to us, we will notify you of the result(D)as soon as possible.
186. (A)By lowering (B)levels toxic waste disposal, the chemical industries (C)are responding to people‘s increasing (D)concerns with environment.
187. (A)According to the (B)press release, the hotel is planning (C)on invest an additional $ 8 million into (D)marketing and research.
188. (A)This new insurance policy will (B)bring you benefits that (C)provides more coverages (D)on property damage.
189. For (A)more information, you can visit our website (B)and find the map (C)showing the potential car pool partner‘s house and (D)work located.
190. A memorandum (A)announcing (B)this year‘s sales goals (C)are posted on (D)the bulletin board of the main office.
191. Any employee (A)whose puts in (B)more than five extra hours‘ work (C)during the holidays will be paid (D)for overtime.
192. (A)Every client should be reminded that (B)his credit history can be available (C)by lendingssuch (D) as commercial banks and other financing companies.
193. Due to the (A)highest rental rates of houses, (B)more tenants have become (C)interested in home purchase (D)loan programs.
194.The biologist (A)which (B)leads the ambitious Genom Project (C)was once awarded the Nobel Science Prize (D)in 2001.
195. Every frequent asked question will (A)be answered (B)automatic in accordance (C)with the (D)operating manual.
196. The passengers will be (A)dealt politely (B)until we (C)arrange for another flight (D)to pick up them.
197. The sales strategy meeting of the (A)marketing division is (B)held here (C)at the first Monday of (D)each month.
198. The (A)franchisee will renew the (B)exclusive distributorship of the products (C)upon (D)expire of this con.
199. (A)Despite declining revenues, his (B)efficient and enthusiasm (C)helped double the (D)profits at our department.
200. The director (A)is casting actor Jill Cosby (B)as a protagonist (C)for the two upcoming blockbusters, both of (D)them will be very successful.
181. (D) since ---> for
182. (A) purchase ---> to purchase
183. (D) are ---> is
184. (D) such ---> such as
185. (B) applying ---> application
186. (B) levels ---> levels of
187. (C) on ---> to
188. (C) provides ---> provide
189. (D) located ---> location
190. (C) are ---> is
191. (A) whose ---> who
192. (C) lendings ---> lenders
193. (A) highest ---> high(er)
194. (A) which ---> who
195. (B) automatic ---> automatically
196. (A) dealt ---> dealt with
197. (C) at ---> on
198. (D) expire ---> expiration
199. (B) efficient ---> efficiency
200. (D) them ---> which